Shopping for the perfect wedding venue is one of the best parts of wedding planning.
There are a few basics to keep in mind before you start shopping – your guest count, style and vision for your wedding day should at least be something you have a loose idea of, especially as a lot of this can help you determine budget.
Ultimately, if you walk on to a wedding venue, and you can stand in the ceremony site and envision getting married there, you found “The One”.
After that, we have put together our Top 5 Tips for Shopping a Wedding Venue to help you know whether the one you love is the best fit for your wedding day.
1. FEES: Ask about fees, and make sure they’re transparent. There should never be any hidden fees, ever. The Lookout Lodge never hides a fee from you, everything is all spelled out before you book.
2. PARKING: Do they have adequate parking? How close is it to the venue? Is it easy to find and understand? What about vendor access for things like catering/cake/DJ to unload?
3. RESTRICTIONS: What are the wedding venues restrictions? This can be anywhere from music volume to pets, to vendor restrictions, access, to photographic restrictions. Make sure you understand them and have them written down so that you can refer to it when talking to and booking vendors.
4. RAIN PLAN: If your wedding venue is all outdoors, ask about the rain plan. In the Pacific Northwest, rain can happen any time of year, so make sure you know what the options are, just in case. And yes, The Lookout Lodge DOES have a rain plan for you!
5. FACILITATOR: Does the venue have an on-site coordinator or go-to on the day of your wedding to help things run smoothly? Here at The Lookout Lodge, you can hire Jamie as our fantastic on-site facilitator for your day and not have to worry about a thing.
The Lookout Lodge embraces everything the Pacific Northwest is uniquely famous for. The wild but organic natural scenery beckons every outdoorsy and adventurous couple to experience this hidden gem for their Snohomish wedding. The woods, gardens, landscapes, fresh-air and earthy surroundings with tell your original and unique love story.
photos by: Stephanie Walls Photography